See this season's full concert list before it's too late. All events are free to the public.
31st International Composition Competition
6 premiere performances
2 cash prizes
2 audience prizes
The 31st ALEA III International Composition Competition has been announced. For information, guidelines and application form please check the links below.
The final stage of the 2015 competition took place on April 19, 2015.
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 7:00 p.m. | Tsai Performance Center
Left to right: Stratis Minakakis, Samuel Headrick, Eduardo Caballero, Jasper G. R. Schmich Kinney, Richard Cornell, Theodore Antoniou, Ioannis Angelakis, Min-Zuo Lu, James Russell-Smith, Ketty Nez, Yuri Mazurkevich, David Kopp
- Ioannis Angelakis (Greece) | Éternelle, Inassouvie…(I) - for clarinet and piano
- Tena Ivana Borić (Croatia) | A-D-H-D - for solo clarinet
- Eduardo Caballero (Mexico) | Whose Name was Writ in the Water - for ensemble of six players
- Wei-Chih Liu (Taiwan - R.O.C.) The Flames of Zhu-Que - for 8 musicians
- Min-Zuo Lu (China) | The Day is Declining - for 6 musicians
- Jasper Schmich Kinney (USA) | Lights Hear Sound, Vibrations See Color - for mixed quartet
On April 19, 2015 the above works were premiered under the direction of Theodore Antoniou at Tsai Performance Center, 685 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston. The concert started at 7:00 pm. Admission was free.
The 2015 ALEA III First Prize was awarded to Ioannis Angelakis
The 2015 ALEA III Second Prize was awarded to Wei-Chih Liu.
In addition these were two audience prizes awarded:
The 2015 Audience First Prize was awarded to Min-Zuo Lu
The 2015 Audience Second Prize was awarded to Ioannis Angelakis